Orkisany wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tomeck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How to go to dive in Orkisany wreck? And which administrative conditions so that I can dive very deep with decompression ? I am Rescue Diver and I often dive to 200 feet (60 meters) with air ?

Tomeck:
How to go to dive in Orkisany wreck? And which administrative conditions so that I can dive very deep with decompression ? I am Rescue Diver and I often dive to 200 feet (60 meters) with air ?
I'm sure with your qualifications, you should find no problem in getting someone to let you do deco dives on the Orkisany.

Welcome to the SB!! Hope you find your visits fun.... :D

First off,,,,the Big 'O' is not a 'wreck', but an artificial reef that happens to be a ship....I know,,,pretty picky--sorry! :wink:

I did not follow the balance of your question entirely...... what did you say? :confused:

JeffG:
I'm sure with your qualifications, you should find no problem in getting someone to let you do deco dives on the Orkisany.

Not without proper certs they won't. And you may have trouble getting gear. Unless your planning on bringing your own?

And I doubt any of the dive ops will let you go to 200 feet on air. Most of the ops won't even let divers go to the flight deck at 135.

Contact MBT divers in Pensacola. They have a bunch of tech divers that work there and dive out of there. http://www.mbtdivers.com/

Thank you !

Excuse me, Orkisany is an artificial reef.

If I have a certification for advanced nitrox CMAS, can I dive to 200 feet ? I think that certifications CMAS is a little too unknown in the USA ?

I love wrecks or artificial reef. In the lake of Geneve, I dived to l'Hirondelle wreck in wood sunk in 1862. The wood in water fresh is very good preserved, because there is no worm, which lives only at water salt and eats wood.

Tomeck:
Thank you !

Excuse me, Orkisany is an artificial reef.

If I have a certification for advanced nitrox CMAS, can I dive to 200 feet ? I think that certifications CMAS is a little too unknown in the USA ?

I love wrecks or artificial reef. In the lake of Geneve, I dived to l'Hirondelle wreck in wood sunk in 1862. The wood in water fresh is very good preserved, because there is no worm, which lives only at water salt and eats wood.

Nope, I don't no of a charter that would permit knowingly a dive to 200ft. on air 'these days'. If you were 'mix' certed that would be a whole different story.
I was not aware that the CMAS issued certs directly, maybe I am confusing it with another international governing board...?
That is neat about diving the waters of Lake Geneve....just seen pictures and it looks awesome!

texdiveguy:
Nope, I don't no of a charter that would permit knowingly a dive to 200ft. on air 'these days'. If you were 'mix' certed that would be a whole different story.
I was not aware that the CMAS issued certs directly, maybe I am confusing it with another international governing board...?
That is neat about diving the waters of Lake Geneve....just seen pictures and it looks awesome!
The CMAS can deliver certifications directly. It is especially established in Europe, but the PADI does not have a problem, except in France. In France, certifications CMAS are only recognized and the divers PADI, even the instructors, cannot dive more than 66 feet (20 meters) and sometimes must be accompanied by diver CMAS three stars. I do not like the French system.

In the Alps where there are very deep lakes, we often dive to 200 feet with air, because there are many spectacular walls and the water are very clear, we can see more than 10 meters of visibility.

Yes, landscapes in Switzerland are very beautiful!

Tomeck:
The CMAS can deliver certifications directly. It is especially established in Europe, but the PADI does not have a problem, except in France. In France, certifications CMAS are only recognized and the divers PADI, even the instructors, cannot dive more than 66 feet (20 meters) and sometimes must be accompanied by diver CMAS three stars. I do not like the French system.

In the Alps where there are very deep lakes, we often dive to 200 feet with air, because there are many spectacular walls and the water are very clear, we can see more than 10 meters of visibility.

Yes, landscapes in Switzerland are very beautiful!

Hey thanks for the info. on the Euro certs.,,I learned something!!!

What type elevation are those lakes in the Alps. you are diving to those depths???

texdiveguy:
Hey thanks for the info. on the Euro certs.,,I learned something!!!

What type elevation are those lakes in the Alps. you are diving to those depths???
The elevation of Lake Geneva is 1240 feet (372 meters). The large lakes in the Alps are between 1240 and 1880 feet (372 and 564 meters). I also dive in the small lakes to 7700 feet (2310 meters).

Back
Top Bottom