Oriskany Trip - July 13 - 15th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undefined

Quite Refined
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're putting together a trip to the Mighty-O for the weekend of July 13th - 15th. The plan is to drive down from Middle Tennessee (or wherever you are located) on the 13th, spend the night in Pensacola. Saturday the 14th we'll do a three tank dive, a minimum of two tanks on the Oriskany with the remaining cylinder to be either on the Oriskany or another area wreck. Sunday the 15th will be at your discretion - either stay and do more dives or return home.

Two other options exist - one is to do two sets of two tank dives (morning + afternoon), or to do the three tank dive followed by dinner and a night dive.

If you are interested, please contact me or post to this thread. This will be the first trip to the O for many of us, so to keep things running smoothly here are the requirements:

1. You must own your own gear, including, but not limited to
A. Buoyancy control device, either recreational (jacket/rear inflate) or BP/W
B. Regulators
C. Computer(s) or bottom timer
D. Personal gear - fins, mask, gloves, etc.
E. Safety gear - all divers must bring a safety sausage and whistle at minimum
2. Advanced Open Water certification
3. At least two dives to 80' or greater in the last twelve months
4. At least 5 logged dives greater than 80'
5. At least 5 open water dives in the past twelve months
6. No less than 30 open water dives

The requirements are designed to ensure that no one spends the trip baby-sitting. Pricing will be (to be confirmed in the next 48 hours) $200 - $225 per diver. Weights are provided, tanks can be provided at nominal additional cost with any mix you are certified to use. Discounted lodging and food information will be provided to those interested in going.

We have a total of 15 available spots. First come, first served.

Dang, wish I could go. I will be in the Bahamas on the Juliet that week though. I really wanna get down to the O. Let me know if you ever plan a similar trip again

If this one goes well, we'll likely be doing another one in either August or September...

That price sure is high. You need to shop around.

Average cost for a 2 tank Oriskany dive is $150...

Like SuPrBuGmAn said - average right now is $150/2 tank and $200/3 tank. Prices are going up thanks to $4/gallon gas.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is expensive, but I also don't see another way to do it cheaper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom