Oriskany Information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oriskany Divemaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

I just wanted to make myself available to answer any questions regarding the Oriskany, or diving in the Pensacola area in general.

I've been diving these waters for almost 20 years. As a working divemaster I dive in the Gulf just about every day, and I've made quite a few dives on the Oriskany already. So I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding conditions, other sites, accomodations, charters, etc...

Just let me know how I can help.

Thanks.

matteo, do you know captain Chris? he just came back. (elesium)

no, I didn't have a chance to meet him on my last trip over, but I hear great things about his boat and op....so far I've had 2 trips to the Oriskany in the early planning stages and neither materialized, but I'm REALLY itching to do this wreck

A group of us are heading up in late Aug. We'll be bring our own boat to use.

Any advice on boat ramps and hotels in the area would be great. We are planning to use the Sherman ramp on the base since one of the divers is retired Navy. But other options are good to have too.

TIA.

Sherman's a great idea. Close to the pass, and probably cheaper gas. If you're staying near the base, check out Suburban Lodge. They're close to downtown, the base, and they're reasonable.

If you're wanting to stay at the beach, there are a couple of launches in Gulf Breeze, Shoreline Park is about 7 miles from the pass. If the beach is your choice, check out Paradise Inn hotel for accomodations. My website has some information about them.

Thanks.

Would that be the Suburban Extended Stay Pensacola at 3984 Barrancas Ave? Do they have a big parking lot for a SUV and boat trailer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom