Oriskany Animals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive hound

Registered
Reaction score
It is my sad duty to report to you all that due to the bad actions of a couple of divers both of the Octopi that had eggs on the tower of the Oriskany are now dead. When did it become ok to start touching the under water animals that we all love to watch? I am sick of watching people take out of the Ocean all that they can and not giving anything back. It would have been a great thing to be able to watch the birth of several hunderead Octopi but now that chance is gone. Maybe the ones that killed them are reading this and they realize what they have done was wrong. We can Only hope.

Sad to say it is not part of normal life. the first on was killed by someone taking her off her eggs to take a picture. This was witnessed by a local dive master and the second one was stabed to death on saturday. I was out there and the first dive she was fine. When we went back for a second dive she was dead and you could see were she had been stabed. I believe that the persons that did this know who they are and it will come back to bite them in the ***.

That really sucks...some people have absolutely no respect for marine life. Hopefully the other ones will stick around for the rest of us to enjoy.

Damn, if your gonna kill it... eat it. Octopii are supposed to taste good.

What happened to the don't touch, don't take rules? Remember when the guy took the stuff off the Oriskany when it was first put down and everybody went crazy? Where is the same amount of respect for the whale shark and the octopus?

Except for fish you shoot and eat? I just realized my avatar is a huge red snapper! Spearfishing rocks! Eat what you shoot!

dive hound:
Sad to say it is not part of normal life. the first on was killed by someone taking her off her eggs to take a picture. This was witnessed by a local dive master and the second one was stabed to death on saturday. I was out there and the first dive she was fine. When we went back for a second dive she was dead and you could see were she had been stabed. I believe that the persons that did this know who they are and it will come back to bite them in the ***.

Karma will find him...maybe in the form of a whaleshark...:shakehead

Back
Top Bottom