Oriskany 5/2/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Departed Sportsmans Marina at 8:45am going to the Mighty "O", Arrived on site at 10:15am with just one other Boat there before Us which was the Y-Knot.
Thanks to a second Capt.(Capt. Bubba) on the Cat-N-Around today I was able to make a Dive.
I rolled off the boat to tie in to one of the bouys the returned to the Boat to get with my Dive buddy for this dive (John). We follow our dive plan and go to the Flight Deck make a round around it and start working our way up the Island.
We saw quite a few AJ's some in the 25lb range, trigger fish, grouper, a large octopus and Arrow Crabs were abundant, just to name a few.
Vis was 60 - 80 foot once we broke through the murk level around 75' and water temp by my computer was 74* John had 73* on his. Bottom time 61 min.
I did manage to get a few pic's that I will try to post as soon as I get a wire for the camera.
What a Great Dive Site we have, The Mighty "O"

Sounds great, really nice to hear bigger fish getting onsite.

Did you get a picture of the octopus? How many were on the boat?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom