Orientation of Oceanic FDX-10 first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kroorda

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. I am wondering if it makes any difference on whether the Oceanic FDX-10 first stage is mounted so that the black cap is facing upwards, or downwards. There is actually less chance of bumping my head on it if the black cap is facing downwards. But, I wanted to make sure that, if I face it downwards, it won't affect the performance of my great breathing EOS regulator.
Thank you.

Doesn't matter - I'm basically says it doesn't matter in the regulator owne's manual. One question though (since I have an FDX10 as well) won't your HP hose routing be a little odd since the HP port will be pointing up at a 45ish degree angle?

I have an FDX-10 and was looking up some other info and saw this thread... upside down is a great way to mount it for single tank, nice and compact and no head banging. The HP hose does come out the top, you can either go over the shoulder like I used to with a compact SPG near the inflator or you can get a 90° adaptor that goes between the 1st stage and the HP hose and run the hose down your side to clip off near the hip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom