Ordering equipment from online US retailers.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After 30 years of diving I don't let any one touch my regs I service them my self and buy service kits on line. I haven't been to a dive shop in 12 years because I found you can get everything you need cheaper and quicker on line you just need to source it out and as for warranties I'm not worried regs are made pretty good these days.. I also understand that not every diver can fix there own gear and must use a dive shop for service but be careful I know a few dive shop owners who can't even change there own car tires but do service regs. Manufacturers are now designing regulators that have simple component swap outs no more individual parts to be asssembled and adjusted with special tools and can be preformed by the diver in 5 minute or less.

Safe diving.

I was under the impression that manufacturers will provide kits to only dive shops - and dive shops will not sell kits to the public.
Where do you get the kits?

Cheers,

-SD

---------- Post Merged at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Oceanic Canada is a Canadian company running under the rules and laws of the Caadian government. Oceanic US is an American company running under the rules and laws of the USA. This is why Oceanic Canada will not cover the warrantee for a product distributed by a different company. Just because they have similar names doesn't mean they are setup as one company.

Considering many people travel internationally with their equipment you would think the manufacturer would establish a global warranty program with each geographic representative. I guess I'd better buy my equipment where I plan to dive the most. As odd as this sounds .. if I add it up it's not Canada. I guess that means I won't be supporting Canadian business :(

-SD

Considering many people travel internationally with their equipment you would think the manufacturer would establish a global warranty program with each geographic representative. I guess I'd better buy my equipment where I plan to dive the most. As odd as this sounds .. if I add it up it's not Canada. I guess that means I won't be supporting Canadian business :(

-SD

If there is more than one place you can get your regulators serviced then you should pick the location which has what you value the best. For me, I dive a lot in Canada but it is really about where I am when I am not diving. If I go on dive trips, I want to be sure the regulators work. I don't want to have to wait around for a few days for the shop to get parts. If I'm at home and not diving due to the weather then dropping the regulators off at the shop doesn't make a difference. Additionally, I know the guy who services my regulators for me. He services his own regulators (same brand) and I trust him. He knows what he is doing. Some day I might take the time to learn how to service the regulators myself. For now I let him do it. The fact the regulators are sitting idle in the winter when I'm home and I trust the local shop is why I have them serviced locally.

If I spent a lot of time in say Carmel-By-The-Sea and knew the guy who serviced regulators down there BUT I was diving 100% of the time I was there then I still wouldn't have that guy service my regulators. I'd work to be sure they were working before I got there.

Darrell

P.S. if you have been around for 30 years, you tend to know people. When you know people, getting parts kits for a regulator is pretty easy. Generally speaking, manufacturers won't sell you parts but if you know someone you can get parts. Any regulator I could not get parts for I wouldn't buy it.

Back
Top Bottom