Ordered new Xdeep Black EANx but received used?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danniboy

New
Reaction score
I was a lurker here and had to sign up to ask a question about my Xdeep Black EANx order from TecDiveGear. I think I may have received a used item? I am hoping that someone who purchased an Xdeep Black EANx from TecDiveGear might help me out to see if this was normal or not. I even checked some box opening and reviews of the computer on youtube too and seems different from what I got.

I bought the computer from TecDiveGear which arrived yesterday and noticed it the computer was just in a small brown box. I opened the box and the USB to dive computer cable was on top of a Xdeep retail box and not in a plastic baggie. I opened the box that had all the retail/manufacture markings of Xdeep and noticed the inside, support cardboard section (don't know what this part is called) which held the computer in place inside was ripped in areas that if I were to try and take the computer out I probably would have ripped it myself in the same location. I took the computer out and found the cable that attaches from the dive computer to USB which also wasn't in a plastic baggie and strap. Where is the wall charger/adapter? Isn't it suppose to ship with one? I inspected the dive computer and the screen section was dusty and thought it was odd. But, I blew out the dust and lightly cleared it with my fingers. I also noticed that around the hard black casing one side had, what I thought a thick smudge, but when I tried it rub it out with my fingers it did not go away. I believe this to be a scratch, but how can this be on a new computer?

Anyways, I know TecDiveGear is active in these forums too so I hope they can help. I also messaged them directly using their website messaging/contact system and called them but no one picked up. I would just like to know what this community thought too. Did I receive a used computer with missing accessories and not retail packaging?

Sorry for the long post. But this was really bugging me.

Why not sent a Private Message via SB directly to TecDiveGear?

There is nothing in your "subject" that would clue TecDiveGear that you have a question. Send a PM.

I am in contact with TecDiveGear, but as stated in my post, I was just wondering if anyone else had experience getting their Xdeep computer shipped this way.

Thanks.

**Update**

TecDiveGear did everything right by sending me a new unit with a return shipping slip for the other one. Unfortunately, the new one that got shipped had a bad pressure sensor and needed it to be replaced. I just decided to get a refund instead (for personal reasons) which TecDiveGear did and even gave me a return shipping label. Great service from them. Seems like I just had bad luck with this computer. Anyways, the computer was really great for the the short time I tried it out and the display was very nice. I would definitely pick this up next time and recommend this computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom