Order screwed up, LDS attitude

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capnsnott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Here's my situation
I bought a new dry suit from WW.
The fins I have were too small for the boots on the suit, so I went to the LDS I do most of my business with. I told him I wanted the XL rockets "the ones for big boots" (that's the brand they carry so don't say it...). He was going to call in the order on Monday (this was Friday night), so I told him to make sure they knew the fins were for a dry suit w/ big boots.
Ok, no biggie.
Fins come in a week after they were supposed to, no worries. Turns out they ordered the "one size fits all" ones. I look at them and say "these won't even fit my wet suit boots". He just kind of shrugs and smiles. So I take them home to try them with the DS, yup, no way of even getting my toes in. I take them back to him and ask to have them exchanged for the big ones/military use. He blows a gasket on me. Goes off on how they are going to charge him all kinds of money to do this and starts walking off to the back of the store.
So I say, Ok they are going to charge me a re stocking fee and probably shipping, no big deal, I can't use them. This aggrivated him more, but he decided to call them (after some prodding). Turns out the lady on the other end knew her stuff and told him they ordered the wronge ones for a dry suit and that shouldn't have happened. And she was not going to charge me a re stock fee. Just shipping and the differance in price. The kicker is, he's going to charge me extra for having to deal with this.
I called him today (3 days later) to find out if he knew if they had been sent yet. He acted like he was shocked that I was be calling so soon and basically blew me off.
This is a shop I was going to do a Dive Con with and am finishing the Master dvr stuff with. I thought I had a good rapor with them, I even fixed their network for free.

Did I do something wronge? Was I expecting too much, or was I too vague on my requested size?
I have a LDS closer to my house that I can use, but I liked these guys family friendly atmosphere. He has always been great with me and my kids.
Thanks

Perhaps (hopefully) the guy you dealt with was 'just having a bad day' and this is not a reflection on the dive shop...from what you wrote, it doesn't sound like you did anything (at all) wrong. If you continue to get that kind of 'attitude', you should take your business to another dive shop--you shouldn't have to deal with that.

This guy is the owner too. It was totally out of caracter for him, I have to give him that much. He has given me killer deals on stuff, so money is not an issue.

Yeah, I would not deal with it, hopefully it was just one of the hired hands giving you a hard time. I got PO'd yesterday at my LDS and posted here as well. They basically accused me or someone else of tampering with my regs when I picked them up for service. Attached a BS condescending "letter" to my receipt about how "I hope you like CESA's" and "if I had to guess the regs were tampered with by an unqualified tech"
yada.....yada.......yada......Gave me an earfull in the shop, trying to "scare" me into their way of thinking, I'm not buying I'll tell you that. I can get treated like **** for free, let alone pay for it. Hope it pans out for you.

Back
Top Bottom