Review OrcaTorch D530

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As expected... half-cocked review. No mention of replaceable O-rings or if they are solid, or if it can have a bolt-snap attached. Size of light head, and if it can be tucked away under a rubber loop. Also, can it be used with a soft-Goodman handle?

Damn, robots getting weaponized, bots getting cocky...the end is near!

As expected... half-cocked review. No mention of replaceable O-rings or if they are solid, or if it can have a bolt-snap attached. Size of light head, and if it can be tucked away under a rubber loop. Also, can it be used with a soft-Goodman handle?
I got more useful information from his post than yours, just saying.

On a side note, was looking at their adjustable beam 3-18 degree 350 lumen light and was a little taken aback by the price. I've always associated Orca with very reasonable pricing. I can only assume high manufacturing costs.

7944A650-6F37-40A8-8555-E0619DD20B78.png

I have a D530.. nice light. It is nice how compact it is. I have read that the button gets sticky at depth and won't function correctly but I haven't played with it at depth to test that yet. What's the max that you've taken it to? No issues?
Taken mine to 115 and had no issues.

I too have two D530s and can vouch for them being excellent little lights. At home, one always lives on my harness as a backup light, and when traveling to the tropics they are perfect for peeking in holes and under ledges.

I bought 2 of them solely based on the fact that the specs said it had a depth rating of 150m and it had a triple o-ring. Befor I was using the big blue backup lights that everyone has but was always nervous to take it below 120m (depth rating is 100m) but the Big Blue lights still function at those depths. So the Orcatorch on paper looked great and its the only light in its class with 150m depth rating. But sadly both have sticky buttons around 40m-45m and deeper making them useless to me. The button is just sucked in flat nothing you can do with it. I have tried turning them on in the shallows and just leaving them on but at about 80m they do a strange on/off thing and then aprox. 120m they completely shut off, I am assuming the constant pressure on the button puts it into some kind of forced off mode??

But if your just using these for recreation putting around they are a great light and you will not be disappointed but for me it was a little bit of false advertising that they are 150m depth rated. Yes the light will not flood but it is not functional below 45m and I bought they because they had a 150m rating.
Have you contacted them yet with your findings?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom