Review OrcaTorch D530 - Cool White

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sparragus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Recently, I went on a night dive around a partially sunken pier (Crash Boat, Puerto Rico), using the D530. The light performed exceptionally well.

The D530’s design is robust. The button is sturdy, preventing accidental activation and conserving battery life. The construction feels solid and durable, and the weight is well-balanced.

I also have an OrcaTorch D550 and Dive Gear Express' GEARS 500 Twist light, and of the three, the D530 is my preferred one. Mostly because I prefer a button switch, and because the button of the D530 is sturdy, so you can't accidentally press it. Which is important because otherwise you would waste battery. This may have been my favorite feature (besides lighting the way, of course.)

The battery life is perfect for recreational diving. After almost an hour of diving, the battery indicator was still green.

In full disclosure, I was invited to test the OrcaTorch D530 (Cool White) dive light for free. Despite this, I found it to be of high quality, very effective, and would recommend it.

Here's a video from that dive. Hope you enjoy it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom