Orange Beach Jellyfish Report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The latest I have was last weekend they were in abundance. I live in Gulf Shores-S and there were purple flags on all the beaches. I don't know if that has changed.

I know its in Florida, but Pensacola Beach was terrible the Tuesday night.

I was reading on MBT's website that on their 7-26-07 night dive they ran into some jellies, but not enough to have them scrub their dive. I think it is really depending on the tides and winds wheather or not you are going to run into the jellies. With the high tide coming in during the early part of the day on both Saturday and Sunday it may bring some "friends" with it.

Sometimes they're thick, sometimes they're not. Purple flags are up to give everyone fair warning of the possibility of jellyfish invasion!

I sent some divers to the Jetties today and the jellys were there but not bad enrough to abort there dive.

My buddy and I dove the jetties this morning at high tide. We saw plenty of jellies but not to many that you couldn't swim around them. I defenitely wouldn't dive it without a full wetsuit though.

There was a lot today on three mile barge and the water was like green pea soup Viz about 10'ft. Off the beach behind Emerald Key the Viz also sucked we dropped into a school of bait fish to see what we could find but could hardly see each other

dford:
My buddy and I dove the jetties this morning at high tide. We saw plenty of jellies but not to many that you couldn't swim around them. I defenitely wouldn't dive it without a full wetsuit though.

How was vis?

Back
Top Bottom