Orange and Black

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One issue with the orange strap: the wireless charger won't fit the watch unless the strap is pulled out of one of the pins so the watch back is exposed. I got a separate flat charger ($15) (blue!) (model recommended by Shearwater: Choetech T511) that allows me to lay the watch flat on it and still charge...but I still have to unloop the security strap, but not unthread the band. That is, the charger will work through one layer of NATO band but not two.
View attachment 499146

Unless the Teric is really loose on that Nato strap, you can just cut that extra "security strap" off. I'm not cool enough to have a Teric but I have a few dive watches with Natos and find the extra strap just gets in the way and makes the watches sit on my wrist weird.

I have no problem charging my Teric with a NATO strap. Just loosen the strap under the watch body, takes 2 seconds.

Attachments

• IMG-3165.JPG
    IMG-3165.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG-3164.JPG
    IMG-3164.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 189
@tursiops
I am surprised at you with your background that you would chose Orange and Black as a dive equipment color.

As you may or may not recall Orange and Black was the color of the now defunct dive manufacture "Sportsways", who made pretty dive products in either Orange or Black

Recall the all Orange SCUBA tanks ? Black back packs ? Orange webbing? Orange PFV ? Orange handled knives ?

Most have never heard of Sportsways --

SDM

Ummmm! Nice table! French Oak?

Found this old thread and am wondering if that Teric strap is long enough for a drysuit. If so, do you recall where you got it?

One issue with the orange strap: the wireless charger won't fit the watch unless the strap is pulled out of one of the pins so the watch back is exposed. I got a separate flat charger ($15) (blue!) (model recommended by Shearwater: Choetech T511) that allows me to lay the watch flat on it and still charge...but I still have to unloop the security strap, but not unthread the band. That is, the charger will work through one layer of NATO band but not two.

View attachment 499146

Before I just switched back to the silicon traditional watch bands, i would just loosen the longer tail on the NATO band and then it would sit in the craddle (after undoing the security strap like you have done, but didn't have to unthread it). Having two battery issues with my Teric that they said were likely by 3rd party chargers (one was on their recommended list, but not the one you have) i'm solely sticking to the shearwater provided ones.

edit: Dang it.... fooled by thread necromancy once again lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom