Oral-Only Inflation Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kommisarrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Do the MSR-brand hydration hose kits fit a standard opv thread? I have a deco bladder from which I’d like to remove the corrugated inflator hose and replace with an oral-only inflation hose (like the drinking straws). Would be used to make a redundant wing.

Do the MSR-brand hydration hose kits fit a standard opv thread? I have a deco bladder from which I’d like to remove the corrugated inflator hose and replace with an oral-only inflation hose (like the drinking straws). Would be used to make a redundant wing.

The true MSR bladder didn't fit a inflator hose but came with a drinking hose kit available, they were modified to add a standard thread opv flange it won't fit. If yours has a standard lp inflator it should be a standard bcd attachment point not the original MSR threading.

I have one oral inflate without any modifications and a second one with the OPV threaded flange installed to use a regular inflator.

Would you have a photo handy?

Cameron

So, are there any options to hook up an oral inflation only hose/valve to an existing diving wing? Doesn’t the razor use something similar?

So, are there any options to hook up an oral inflation only hose/valve to an existing diving wing? Doesn’t the razor use something similar?

the razors oral inflator is not put in with a normal BCD flange, it is welded directly into the bladder I believe

I did this with a DECO bladder. I cut the hose off an old hydration pack including flange area. Then used aqua seal to glue it to a nylon washer that fit the standard BCD flange. Then just screw it together with the rubber grommet. Worked fine for a backup wing. Now I use a Razor wing for more lift.

Back
Top Bottom