Options to mount Gopro to housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, that will probably be what I will have to do I guess. I was trying to keep the weight and bulk down, plus I wasn't sure how I would get it centered on the subject when it's off to the side but I have seen others do it so it must work fine. Thanks
GoPro has its own screen which, I presume, you'd be using for framing. That said, while I haven't used a GoPro myself, I'm kind of dubious about setups which mount one on top of a larger camera. Given how important it is to shoot upwards, having your GoPro sit 30-50cm above the base of your rig will severely limit your compositional choices when your subjects are on the bottom or close to it. A bare GoPro, by the virtue of its small size, can get right down on the bottom, point up, and get a good perspective on your subject, but stick it on top of a big rig and it'll be looking down on your subjects a lot more. Maybe on a flex-arm you could pull it down to sit near the base off to right side, or up front next to the camera lens, but I don't know how well that would work in practice.

For my 2023 video kit build, I plan to mount a (backwards facing) action camera on one of the light arms. That will keep it out of my line of sight.

For my 2023 video kit build, I plan to mount a (backwards facing) action camera on one of the light arms. That will keep it out of my line of sight.
So the Gopro will be filming you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom