optical and ttl?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schow

New
Reaction score
i am new to all this i have a olympus c5060 and two inon strobes d-2000 & z220. have try all the setting still a lot of pictures turn to green and blue.
i have been reading all different article but still cannot figure it out.
1. if i use optical cable is that the strobe will control the output depend on the setting on the strobe? at the same time i use slave setting on the camera and the camera will take whatever the strobe's output?
2. if using ttl cable is that the camera will control all the output on the strobes?
3. i read one topic they say if you use strobe on the bright area there is no strobe can be that powerful to overcome that brightness is that true? in those condition what can i use to take a reasonly good picture?:depressed:

have try all the setting still a lot of pictures turn to green and blue.

If the lighting "brightness of the image" is right, then its just a matter of properly white balancing your image. This can be done during editing with a program like photoshop or internally in the camera before taking the pic.

1. if i use optical cable is that the strobe will control the output depend on the setting on the strobe? at the same time i use slave setting on the camera and the camera will take whatever the strobe's output?

Some strobes have a simulated TTL mode while using optical cable, but normally, yes you will manually control the output with the setting on the strobe.

2. if using ttl cable is that the camera will control all the output on the strobes?

Yes the camera strobe will output what the camera is telling it when putting the strobe in TTL mode. But you can override this by manually control the output by setting it on the strobe.

3. i read one topic they say if you use strobe on the bright area there is no strobe can be that powerful to overcome that brightness is that true? in those condition what can i use to take a reasonly good picture?:depressed:

I'm lost at what you mean here. English your second language? Rephrase it and I might be able to help.

If the lighting "brightness of the image" is right, then its just a matter of properly white balancing your image. This can be done during editing with a program like photoshop or internally in the camera before taking the pic.
do you mean after i took the picture than use photoshop to correct it? if yes than how?

Some strobes have a simulated TTL mode while using optical cable, but normally, yes you will manually control the output with the setting on the strobe.
if you set the strobe manually do you set the ev value on the camera to 0 or + or -?
how does it affect the out come of those picture?

Yes the camera strobe will output what the camera is telling it when putting the strobe in TTL mode. But you can override this by manually control the output by setting it on the strobe.
what do you think about the strobes that i have do you think they are powerful enough or should i go to bigger strobes like the ikelite ds200 or sea & sea ys250?

I'm lost at what you mean here. English your second language? Rephrase it and I might be able to help.
yes english is my second language, but i think i got my answer for this by your first two anwers. thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom