Suggestion Opt-In Forums

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
H

HammerNoMore

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Can we make more of the forums Opt-In? Like many of the active users I read SB using the "New Posts" method and there are some forums I'd just as soon not have to wade through. I'd like to be able to Opt-Out of the follow forums:

Women's Views: Seems to be already a Female group but not being in it does not hide this forum.
Non-Diving Related Stuff
All forums in the "Scuba Market Place"
Dive into Fitness
Public Safety Divers
Scouts in Scuba (& Other Youth Groups)
All forums in the "Scuba Board Clubs"

I'm sure others would like different forums. Perhaps we should make most all of them group related?

James

James Goddard:
Can we make more of the forums Opt-In? Like many of the active users I read SB using the "New Posts" method and there are some forums I'd just as soon not have to wade through. "

James

It would be a great for list members to enable them to truly control the content they are interested in and to illiminate what the individual list member considers noise. Should be do-able......

jbm

James, one of our long term goals is to modify the board through groups or another system such that things are far more customized per user, basically tailoring things along the lines you mentioned. One of our concerns with opt-in groups has been excluding users who are new to the board and thus we may go for some opt-out groups as well once we can add the proper functionality into the forum code.

Tech Admin:
One of our concerns with opt-in groups has been excluding users who are new to the board and thus we may go for some opt-out groups as well once we can add the proper functionality into the forum code.
I can understand that concern. The "Clubs", however, seem to me to be a perfect fit for existing Opt-In functionality.

As far as Opt-Out could you not just use the Opt-In but default the users to "In"?

James

Back
Top Bottom