Opinions on used gear package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reznor252

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I am about to take my open water class and had a chance to trade a gentleman a salt water tank setup for some gear he bought about a year ago and only used once. I have looked over all the gear and everything seems to be functional and looks brand new. The gear I got is as follows...

Zeagle Envoy Regulator (1st and 2nd stage)
Zeagle ZX Octo
Genesis Analog gauges
Aeris Sport BC
Tusa mask/snorkel
Aeris Fins
3mm boots and gloves
Body Glove 2/3 wetsuit
Another 3mm wetsuit
Light
Slate
Zip up bag that clips to BC
Knife/scabbard on BC
Gear bag
Separate reg bag

Will this package work good for a beginner? Is there anything I should change or upgrade? He purchased everything from the lds I am taking my lessons from.

Was that salt water tank made of gold?

If not, i'd say you did well, and have all you need until you decide if you like diving, and then decide what kind of diving you want to pursue.

Good luck.

All the best,
Geoff

Should be fine. If it's really been a year since he's used any of it, I'd get the regs and BC inspected first.

Are you sure you want to purchase all your gear prior to being certified? I recommend buying only what you absolutely need, and renting for a while, until you know that 1) you're going to stay with the hobby and 2) you figure out what gear you like and don't like.

My parents own a fish store and the tank was worth about $500 with the light and equipment. He showed me the receipts on the dive gear and they totaled abut $1500. I am going to have the lds check out the reg before I use it since they sold it and service that brand. The only damage I have been able to find with it is a small scratch on one of the gauge faces and I will probably buy a computer sooner than later (after I am sure I like the hobby).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom