Opinions on the Mares Nemo Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For those who like an integrated console this computer caught my attention. It uses an analog compass and dot matrix screen, and costs $700 with the compass. Anyone have any experience with this?

Adam

i have two of these, its a nice air/nitrox computer but can not do multi gas, the screen is big and easy to read it is also set back into the computer a bit to prevent damage to the glass. it also comes standard with quick disconnect. any other questions let me know.

i have two of these, its a nice air/nitrox computer but can not do multi gas, the screen is big and easy to read it is also set back into the computer a bit to prevent damage to the glass. it also comes standard with quick disconnect. any other questions let me know.

Thanks. Other things I look for is a bright backlight for night diving, conservative algorithm (how does it compare with Suunto and Oceanics), and a built-in sumulator. How does it compare with the Oceanic DataPlus? How about the added compass?

Adam

the backlight is good, you can adjust how conservative it is. its not as conservative as my uwatec galileo luna and runs about the same as my Suunto Cobra 3, the compass is a standard compass there are tilt limits to it(but all analog compasses do) but very usable. one odd feature it has that i have not seen on other computers in the tank setting include tank volume and working pressure and the computer will display the SAC rate for the 20sec sample as you dive to the tenth

if you are using diffrent size tanks often it can be a pita. it has a dive planning mode don't know if i would call it simulator or not. i have no experance with oceanic. on a side not as with all computers do not leave it in the sun or a hot car. this computer tends to enter dive mode if over heated, the battery life is the only down side to this computer which is a non issue just carry a spare it is an easy change just check the batt status at the start of the trip, the download software works but i am not a fan of it for a logbook on a pc. if you like a console and want AI i don't think you can go wrong with this. the algorithm is RBGM and i dont like the electronic compass of the cobra 3. 6the only reason i switched from this computer was to go with a wrist unit and i am waiting for uwatec to release trimix software for it. My wife still dives her nemo air and she hates the cobra 3 computers that both our kids use.

hope that helps adam

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom