Opinions on Scubapro Evertec Lt drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theiszy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi.
I can get an awesome deal on a second hand (but unused) scubapro Evertec Lt drysuit. How are they? Any problems or anything I should know about?

I'm a recreational diver, in Victoria, Australia (min 8°c in winter to 20 ish °c summer). I dive a back plate and wing 30lb single set up.

Thanks in advance.

I've had an Scubapro Evertec Lt suit for a little over a year now, and I love it. I've got somewhere between 50 and 100 dives on it. I've dove water from 40F, about 4C, to 82F, about 26C. I love the Scubapro undergarments, but I do add a layer of underarmor type of underwear when the water get around 50F, 10C. The only "issue" I've had is getting use to the TiZip zipper. It's zips very easily compared to the other style of zipper and you have to make sure that it "docks" fully. It's no big deal, it something you have to do. There are discussions about the TiZip zippers here on ScubaBoard.

One last thing, make sure you get some drysuit training if you haven't had any yet.

I bought a new Evertec just over 2 years ago(35 dives), and it has been problem free. The factory undergarments are fantastic, and have taken a lot of abuse outside of diving. I think the sizing is a bit off, because I am 6'4" - 190lbs, and the large fits perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom