opinions on olympus cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even with a strobe and spotting light, they're very sensitive in S-Macro. On the plus side, those sorts of subjects generally aren't moving much, so I try to frame them with 4-5 shots and keep the best 1-2. Usually most are out of focus. One solution is a close-up lens, which lets you back up a bit and get more light on the subject and allow the camera to bounce the focus beam a little better. Many on this forum use two of them stacked and then zoom a bit for focus.

We obviously need to add the 550 to the Sticky so once you guys get these cameras underwater and have some cool shots and initial thoughts, please start a new thread. It's more than fine to start individual new threads - you don't have to piggyback on someone else's if you don't want to, I can link as many as needed :)

Have fun!

Carl_Fallon:
G'Day Jigo,

(Correct me if i am wrong) The super macro setting will not allow you to use your in built flash. This is probably why you are getting some movement. The auto shutter speed isnt quick enough to free the image. You will really want arround 1/80 - 1/100 to get a sharp image. Are you using auto or P mode when using Super Macro? and is there enough light? (Sorry if i am just stating the obvious, i am not sure on your experince)

Yours Truly,
Carl Fallon

not much experience really. was using auto and not manual. dont know how to use manual yet. tried to set it to manual and the entire screen went black. was using it on my desk with only the ceiling light on.

@Larry C- i was actually hoping there is a way to mount stacked macro lenses on the pt-037 but as of now, i dont see how it can be done since its port is a flat rectangle that may be bigger in dimension than a playing card.

G'Day mate,

The best way to learn is to give it a go! I found i have learnt a lot by using either A or S (Apeture Prioity or Shutter prioity) and seeing the relationship between what the camera sets it at to when you move the aposing setting.

It is like a balancing act. and they both relate to each other. Does your camera display in the top right hand corner a number that is some times in red and some times in white? This relates to the suggested auto exposure of the camera.(-3 - 0 - +3) By using this as a guide while on 'M' you will be able to get a descent idea of where you are at.

This is definetely worth having a look at!

If you want deeper tones (Thoes awesome blues that we all want in the background) in your colours by under exposing, it allows them to come through. Always try not to over expose. This flattens your image.

Yours Truly,
Carl Fallon

Back
Top Bottom