Opinions? FL-36R (with PFL-E01 housing) or the UFL-2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheTrickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
As the UFL-2 is based on the FL-36 (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm thinking of getting the FL-36R and the PFL-E01 housing, instead of the UFL-2.

With this setup I can gain the use of a decent flash on-land with the E-PL3, and also use it with while underwater.

Look at guide numbers and AoV and it all mega confusion :depressed:. Plus on my old E-1 and FL-50, it was all hotshoe based, and when you zoomed, the flash zoomed etc..and all I did was angle it and it worked!

No local shops here to ask/look at stuff. Sorry for the questions!

Before using 2x YS-01 for my EPL-1 I use Metz 58 AF-1 in 10bar underwater housing with sync. cord. Metz 58AF-1 is much more powerfull than FL-36R but underwater not that much.
Performance wise I'm okay with this set-up, good and acurate TTL. The issues are too bulky and I can't set the strobe other than TTL mode as the 10 bar control button does not work at all (it's 10 bar manufacturing defect).
Finally, I bought 2 YS-01 - very compact plus the focus light help me a lot on night diving although I also using bigblue focus light.
With your budget for FL-36R Oly housing, you may get 2 YS-02. No TTL but not big issue - in fact I shot mostly in manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom