Opinions Backscatter MW-4300 video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent, well-rounded package. Great value - you can use it as focus light or video light - both wide angle or macro. Also, you can attach color filters (for cool effects) or backscatter snoot. No other light will do that!

I bought one a couple months back, feels really solid, well designed, well put together. I'll finally be getting it wet next week. I'll post again after I shoot with it.

This light is on my list. They have a $50 off right now for the package with the snoot. Does anyone use the snoot? Is it worth it? I'm going to Bonaire and want to try doing more macro this trip so I can see where it would be beneficial but not sure if I can make it work with my poor shooting skills lol

Also what type of arms do most of you guys use with the video light? Lockline? or more rigid?

I always have the snoot in my dive pocket.
Its worth it if you intend on using it.
Sometimes the critter will be on the sand or on white rocks and you need the snoot to eliminate over exposure from the sand/rocks.

A lot of other divers find it cumbersome. Personally I don't find it cumbersome. I just pull it out of my pocket, slide it on and maneuver.
Heres an example - straight out the camera.

I use rigid arms.

P6110009.jpg

I always have the snoot in my dive pocket.
Its worth it if you intend on using it.
Sometimes the critter will be on the sand or on white rocks and you need the snoot to eliminate over exposure from the sand/rocks.

A lot of other divers find it cumbersome. Personally I don't find it cumbersome. I just pull it out of my pocket, slide it on and maneuver.
Heres an example - straight out the camera.

I use rigid arms.

View attachment 737978
Nice! I can see where the snoot would be valuable

Nice! I can see where the snoot would be valuable

That photograph was taken with the back scatter flash but the light would've been the same too.
I have the mw video light and the mf flash strobe.

The size of the emitted light would be the same. The flash would give more output.

Back
Top Bottom