Operator Suggestions for Bohol?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RikRaeder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm getting my act together for December. Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions so far. I've settled on Bohol for my three days with friend from Japan. I know there are a million operators there, so would anyone like to suggest their favorite? Or perhaps any to avoid?
Thank you (again)

Ps-How about favorite dive sites?

RikRaeder:
I'm getting my act together for December. Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions so far. I've settled on Bohol for my three days with friend from Japan. I know there are a million operators there, so would anyone like to suggest their favorite? Or perhaps any to avoid?
Thank you (again)

Ps-How about favorite dive sites?
I had personal experience with phildivers.com or genesisdivers.com, good DMs/service. Stay at panglao island (Alona Beach) and do some dives in Balicasag Island and Pamilacan island. Also PM Pakman, he just came from Bohol two weeks ago.

clgsamson:
Also PM Pakman, he just came from Bohol two weeks ago.

Well I wouldn't suggest the place I used as it wasn't on Alona Beach...

I can't comment about the Alona dive operators other than what their shops look like and how crowded their boats may have been. On that point, take a look at Baywatch. Seems like they had the least people on their bangkas whereas the others had 10+ onboard... I don't know how crazy it gets in Dec (I presume peak season) but you could probably just walk down to the beach (all the dive shops are on this strip just off the beach) and make your decision then.

As for favorite dive site... Balicasag Island, Balicasag Island... If you only had a few days, I would just do 2-3 full day trips to Balicasag. It's just a 30min boat ride from Alona. Beautiful dropoffs and nice schools of barracudas and jacks.

I've put my photos from Balicasag/ Bohol here...
http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n240/pakman00/Bohol/

The macro shots are from the reef in front of Bohol Beach Club. Rest are from all from Balicasag.

I dove with phildivers.com - have absolutely no complaints (apart from not spending enough time there!) - great service, good rental equipment, excellent DM's & Instructors, and we had a bangka to ourselves - 4 people + crew

try prosafari divers. . . (www.prosafaridivers.com) they are not on Alona Beach but they pick u up (and take u back) at your hotel/resort at no charge and take you to Doljo Beach, much better beach than Alona and only about 10 mins away. Great service too. . . big boat, trusty DM, boatmen do all the fussing for u hehe.

ill post some pictures soon. :)

Just arrived from Bohol on a non-diving tour. Whatever you do avoid BOHOL PLAZA HOTEL in Tagbilaran. It is a total rip-off.

Imagine paying four (4) to a room and being placed in a THIRTEEN (13) to a room accomodation.:confused:

Imagine being served two (2) hard boiled eggs, plain rice, a thin slice of watermelon and nasty 3 in 1 coffee for breakfast.:confused:

Imagine going out for the day and coming back to find that your bed hasn't been made.:light:

Thanks for the advice folks. I'm just now back from Cebu/Manila. I'll post a Steven Kingesque dive report shortly followed by some pics. I'll start looking into your suggestions, and am certainly into any more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom