http://www.diveheart.org/

Operation: Blue Pride - America Hero - Ocean Hero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danvolker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This is a new program my friend Jim Abernethy is now involved in....to me there are many reasons this is important, beyond just the fact that these war heroes deserve to be recognized. One is that most Americans are entirely apathetic to ocean conservation issues...the "average American" is fighting their own war with keeping up with their bills, not being laid off, and so many day to day dilemmas, that they have no interest in the problems outside of their own "self interest".... In this documentary, 3 exceptional people with much bigger problems( from their War injuries and all the time they lost from their lives fighting for this country) , "step away from self indulgence", and focus on the needs of the Ocean, the needs of the world, and attempt to help the average person in America or the world, go beyond their own problems, and deal with the huge issues that must be addressed by each of us...things that we can't just leave to politicians and corporate lobbying groups.
See below.

Operation: Blue Pride - America Hero - Ocean Hero
Below are the logo and interview topics for a documentary project starting today called Operation Blue Pride. It is the story of three American heros - their service to their country, fighting for our freedom, their injuries as well as rehabilitation, and then taking on a new challenge of ocean conservation. They will be traveling to Palm Beach today from different parts of the US, where for the next two days they will be scuba diving off Palm Beach County with the Goliath Grouper (protected species) spawning aggregation and releasing baby Leatherback turtles (endangered). This afternoon at 4:00 they will be at the Loggerhead Marine Life Center where they will receive a VIP tour, learning what turtles go through for rehabilitation from their wounds. All three American heros are available for interviews on the 20th at 8am at Lake Park Harbor Marina, north entrance by the dive vessel Deep Obsession. At 9am they depart for diving. On the 21st they are available for interviews at Lake Park Harbor Marina, south entrance by the vessel Shear Water at 9am. After diving that day they will be available for interviews at 4pm at the Loggerhead Marine Life Center in Juno Beach. I will provide images or video of the heros free of charge to all media agencies. The night of the 21st they depart for the Bahamas to swim with tiger sharks as well as wild dolphins. They return on the 27th in the morning. Richard Branson of Virgin is scheduled to join us in the Bahamas to pay tribute to these heros that have effectively fought for all the world's free countries as well as those still yearning to be free! I can be reached at 561-718-6355 should you have any questions. Jim Abernethy - Founder - Operation Blue Pride

image001.jpg

American Hero – Ocean Hero: Operation Blue Pride

Main Themes:

o Your life’s journey, Your life’s mission

o Physical empowerment

o Serving your country and fighting for our freedom

o Life…after the battle – physical, mental, emotional

o My love for the ocean – My love for sharks

o Saving sharks – saving humanity

o We have one planet, one ocean – there is no backup plan. The time is now. It is time for Ocean Heroes.

Your life’s journey, Your life’s mission

Tell us about your life and some defining moments.

What are the next chapters of your life going to look like?

What do you want to change and inspire?

Tell us about living with passion and purpose.

Physical empowerment

Life…after the battle – physical, mental, emotional

How did you feel when you realized that you had lost your leg?

What were your greatest concerns and fears?

Talk about everyday life – with your new body.

What was the most difficult adjustment?

Do you miss your leg?

Do people treat you differently and if so, how?

Are you the same person after losing your leg?

When did you begin to feel that you could overcome this and do anything?

Do you feel more human, stronger, more powerful today – having less of a body? Why?

Serving your country and fighting for our freedom

What inspired you to join the military and serve your country

How did you feel when you were told you were to be deployed to…

What does freedom mean to you?

You sacrificed your life – you sacrificed your body…would you do it again?

My love for the ocean – My love for sharks

Saving sharks – saving humanity

Tell us about your connection to the ocean.

Why did you start diving?

How did you feel when you first heard of the possibility to dive with sharks?

What did your friends and family think?

How did you feel when you learned the reality and truth about what is happening to sharks today?

What do you think has to be done to save sharks and save our ocean?

Why do you think sharks are so misunderstood? Can you relate?

What kind of planet do you think we are leaving to our children?

We have one planet, one ocean – there is no backup plan. The time is now. It is time for Ocean Heroes.

Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures, Inc.
216 North Federal Highway, Lake Park, Fl. 33403
888-901-DIVE (3483)
local: 561-842-6356
fax: 561-863-4870
www.scuba-adventures.com

www.landandseaimagery.com

www.jimabernethyimagery.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom