Open Water Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yost0922

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone know of a place to obtain open water certification on Sanibel Island Florida? Taking SDI classes over next 2 weeks locally (Ohio) but want to obtain open water certification in Dec. this year. Would appreciate any information/guidance. Thanks

There are plenty of places in the Fort Myers area (none on Sanibel) to finish up... but all of them go to the east coast or keys to do the dives with the exception of Scuba Quest which may do them in Bradenton

If you want to finish out with SDI, the local shop for that is Captain Pete's Outfitters Captain Petes Discount Scuba Shop Florida - Fort Myers-Cape Coral.

The PADI shop is Dean's Dive Center Deans Dive Center Dive Shop Fort Myers Florida Scuba Diving Classes

There are a couple of NAUI shops:
Underwater Explorers Underwater Explorers

And Scuba Quest (Cape Coral): Scuba Quest

I've worked personally with Dean's and Scuba Quest (Sat in on open water classes in both) and both are very good operations.

My most recent experience is with Dean's and they have excellent instructors. They would be my top recommendation.

Hope this helps.

welcome aboard

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...
:sblogo:
... :colours::colours:...
banana.gif

looks like jldod has you covered

Thanks so much for the info. If I take SDI classes can I get open water certification at a PADI or NAUI shop? I'm going to contact a couple of your suggestions to see if they can assist us. Thanks

Thanks so much for the info. If I take SDI classes can I get open water certification at a PADI or NAUI shop? I'm going to contact a couple of your suggestions to see if they can assist us. Thanks

If you talk with Dean's let them know that Jeff Dodd referred you. I spent enough money there that I should own half the shop by now. :)

Back
Top Bottom