Open source deco software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steevke

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anybody know of working open source decompression software that I can play around with? Buhlmann + GF prefered.

I need the source code to adapt to my needs, so freeware isn't enough.

I could program it myself with the info on the net but would like not to for obvious reasons (like going diving is more fun than writing code) :)

Thanks in advance.

Steven

Now that's a pandoras box, because there is a lot of available GNU type code:

ftp://decompression.org/

In return, please made the program available, for free, for divers to test.

We would not have the likes of Vplanner or GAP without such available code.

Good luck!

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I needed.

Steven

I can't open.What's pass and username.

From a post by Eric Maiken on TDS in December 2008:

Maiken:
url: ftp://decompression.org
username: downloadfiles
password: decompression1

I also confirmed that if I logged-in on the public accouunt, then I could download the VPM correlation pdfs from:

ftp://decompression.org/Maiken

Rubicon is participating in the Great Human Race 5k Run/ Walk in Durham, NC, USA on March 21st. Please consider sponsoring our team. More info available here.

Thanks for pass and username.
I am new in scubaboard and i don't know where to write.

I'm a CMAS diver and intertesed in deep dive(not trimix ,max 60m "200feet" with air and nitrox for accelated deco) .I am exploring TDI certificate and DIR system.I have lots of questions about decompression algorithyms.

Are they good for prepare and have information about my questions.

Basic Decompression Theory and Application
Technical Diving in Depth Wienke

Unless you really like the math, I'd recommend Mark Powell's Deco for Divers over Wienke. It has very good explanations of decompression models without getting into the mathematical specifics.

Sure
It is not completely possible to explain decompression theory without differential equation ,exponential functions etc..

I'm engineering student and i know "not succesful student" engineering mathematic.I want mathematical formulas and theorical explanations .

Do you read both Mark Powell's Deco for Divers and Basic Decompression Theory and Application.

I think Wienke's book only explain dec. theory , no comparison between Rgbm , Vpm ,buhlmann algorithyms.Rgbm algorithm was his another book.I'm lookin for a book that comtains all about decompression theory and algorithyms.

Back
Top Bottom