OOA with a faulty SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a very similiar experience in Puerta Venturas, Using rental gear the gauge looked fine, reading 0 when I was handed it. Put it on the tank in the boat and it read about 3200. Put on rest of gear and snorkel clip broke, DM said don't worry and tossed it. Was paired with DM and group was about 12 people. During the dive I kept thinking how great my air cosumption was until I started to get some resistance. Got to the deco stop and was having hard time breathing and guage was still at 500. Made 5 min at deco stop before I was out. The idividual that surfaced with me, paired with him below, just stared when I gave him the OOA signal. Got to the surface and was floating at mask level and no snorkel. Laid back but was in two foot waves, and numerous yells to my impromptu partner for air were met with a dumb look. He looked about 14. Finally the boat picked me up. DM came up and took gauge off, had a large grain of sand. Passed on the second dive. PADI 5 star shop and poor gear. Buying own gear for upcoming trip to Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom