ontario diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fredk,

Welcome home, you are now with the largest extended family of divers in the world. And heck there are even quite a few canadians here.

Go Leafs Go hehehehe

DivingGal,

I do not think MacDonalds will ever serve it, but French Fries are an important ingredient! And, now, as I have told a couple of other Nordlanders, I will reveal to you that my father (and grandfather and greatgrandfather, too) were Canadians. They all hailed from Winnepeg.

So, I still drink my tea with sugar and milk. However, I long since stopped using vingar on my fries (yuk!). And I cannot eat beaver soup...they are just too cute to serve as food.

At any rate, I still have a strong affinity for Canada! But, to tell the truth, I really liked the old flag better...

Joewr...saying, "Eh, what are you talking aboot?"

Actually; as a True Son of the North....

Sargent Preston's dog was Yukon King, his horse was Fury

And his beer was Molson Export (OK, I made that up....)

And as Sargent Preston always says..."the scenery only changes for the lead dog"

Ahhhh Winterpeg. Portage and Main with a light breeze in the winter.

Must go back to chortling now. Eh Kane(aidian)!

Welcome to Canada where half the year a chainsaw is an important dive tool.

But since I listened to Sgt. Preston and his deep baritone voice on the radio in the 40's and early 50's, I can be forgiven having forgotten that it was "Yukon King" instead of "King"!

I, perhaps, neglected to mention that my dad moved to Southern California and that is where I was raised. But it was interesting to see how the other kids responded when an ice rink was built in my home town...and my dad zipped out on the smooth ice: a piece of cake to skate backwards on the glassy ice of a rink compared to that of the Winnepeg River in January! And with no one trying to decapitate you with a splintered hockey stick!

Well, back to scuba...

Joewr...who has even eaten horsemeat in BC!

Originally posted by joewr
...I do not think MacDonalds will ever serve it, but French Fries are an important ingredient! ...

at least they won't serve it outside of Quebec -- though I'm not sure even there. FYI, it is a low fat, low cholesterol (believe that I know of some land I want to sell you) made up of: french fries, cheese curds and gravy..... told you low fat lolol

Hey Fred where is the shop? I'll be heading to the flea market soon is it near there?

THE SHOP IS OPENED ON SUNDAY'S AS WELL IT'S ON MAIN ST. RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE ARENA

welcome from another Ontario diver.
Us canuck do have to stick together here, so just watch out for the Florida and California divers. (You know what they say about them).
The Texas divers are AOK. Anyone who dives in 0 vis and thinks they have had a great dive can't be all bad. :nono: And the Texas divers can be trained. Thsi is evident by Syruss's "Go Leafs Go" . Took me no time to train him.

Not to forget all those that reside in the "foreign" countries, like the UK, Guam, Thailand, Isreal, Ohio, Arkansas, Arizona.....etc.all great folks..................

(Just funnin y'all)

Butch :peace:

Harveys has been serving poutine for years! Whenever we are in ON Pearce makes a beeline for the nearest Harveys and orders a doubleburger and... you guessed it!

Personally, I can't stand the stuff. :froggy:

Meanwhile, I'd like to know why there are no chip wagons here in the US. Here in the South they do boiled peanuts". Whats up with THAT [gag]

Take care, eh?!

~SubMariner~

Submariner
You live and learn. I don't eat at too many fast food joints -- well except for the Tim Horton's (a donut shop franchise).

Originally posted by DivingGal
Submariner
You live and learn. I don't eat at too many fast food joints -- well except for the Tim Horton's (a donut shop franchise).

DG, I am astounded. Darlin' you know that Tim Horton's (A Canadian Icon - second in importance only to the Beer Store) is not a donut shop franchise but is a coffee chapel, the hight of drive-thru caffine consumption; a vertiable Icon of instant invigoration of immeadiate imersion of the elixir of life (that would be coffee)

My pony bottle will be full of timmy's coffee for the AM dive....

Back
Top Bottom