Ontario diver dead - Bell Island, Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't remember doing any of this CESA stuff in OW.
I did the confined water, swim 30' just under the water, while you exhale, sorta CESA. Damn that was hard to keep exhaling by the end. On my 4th OW dive, my instructor had myself and the one other student, do a real CESA, from 30' deep. My instructor, did a CESA, with each of us, individually. Totally different from the confined water try. I was surprised, that I was still breathing out, by the time I got to the surface.

I don't remember doing any of this CESA stuff in OW. I'll admit, it wasn't a great OW class (i had those thoughts during the class, started feeling irritated about it, then wondered if I was just being an ahole....I was right).
For those that have done a deep CESA, do you have the feeling that you'll never run out of breath by continuing to exhale? The sensation is very hard to imagine. And if you're exhaling, does it remove the feeling of wanting to 'inhale'?
A Google search will bring up a lot of videos showing the navy training people for submarine escapes. Today they have specialized outfits to wear, but if you go to the old films, in which they go to the surface after exhaling first and while wearing what amounts to an inflatable life jacket, you can clearly see the amount of exhaling going on.

Back
Top Bottom