Ontario Dive Locations - Upper St Lawrence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Butch103:
Dammm DG I didn't know the Connie was so deep....technical dive? maybe...........:wink:
I think that was a typo Perhapse nitrogen-narcoses induced ...... She sits at only 30 feet of water but she,s a must see if your in the Montreal Toronto area

Plungebob...the post was over 3 years ago and I have dove the Connie many times.....

I did the lock 28 drift and went right by the connie. I didn't realize I could actually go in it. Oh, well, gotta go back this weekend. the water's still warm (71) for those interested...

Great!!! It,s a very popular shore dive ....almost too popular ,The last time I was there we encountered a charter-bus full of divers from Quebec City. But its a large enough wreck , so we didn,t feel crowded. P.S. there,s a pretty good pizza joint just over the bridge.

Plungebob:
Great!!! It,s a very popular shore dive ....almost too popular ,The last time I was there we encountered a charter-bus full of divers from Quebec City. But its a large enough wreck , so we didn,t feel crowded. P.S. there,s a pretty good pizza joint just over the bridge.

Really? I'm getting tired of having sandwiches and timbits!!!

For charters to see some wrecks:
Out of Brockville (about 1.5 hrs from Ottawa) Bottom Time Charter

Out of Kingston (about 2 hrs from Ottawa ) Big Jim's

There are a nubmer of shore dives - drifts, wrecks and "lost villages"

DivingGal- what are these lost villages you speak of, and where are they!?!?

Hilary...here is the link for The Lost Villages website:

Home

One popular spot is the Milles Roches powerhouse. If you dive Lock 21, there is an excerpt (history) posted on the side of the roofed picnic shelter and I think the Museum of the Lost Villages is also nearby as well.

008.jpg

Are there any charters that do the powerhouse? I would like to do it this month, and if I can avoid towing my boat up there (Quite a hall for me) than I would love that.
Also, I have done Dickensons Landing before and Lock 21, are there any other good shore dives sites in that area worth doing?

thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom