Online retailers for Atomic Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8ful divr

Reaction score
Hello. This is my first post though I have been lurking around the board for sometime. I have been wanting to become a diver for as long as I can remember. I just turned 29 and decided that I couldn't put this off another year. I am taking a NAUI class next weekend and I can hardly contain my excitement.

Anyway, I have looked around the forum for an answer for this but haven't found a thread. Here is my question. Are there any online retailers for Atomic Regulators who are able to offer the full manufacture’s warranty? Thanks and happy diving.

Welcome to Scubaboard. No. Atomic is one of those companys that does not allow online sales. If there is not a dealer near you give us a call.

Paul

gr8ful divr:
Hello. This is my first post though I have been lurking around the board for sometime. I have been wanting to become a diver for as long as I can remember. I just turned 29 and decided that I couldn't put this off another year. I am taking a NAUI class next weekend and I can hardly contain my excitement.

Anyway, I have looked around the forum for an answer for this but haven't found a thread. Here is my question. Are there any online retailers for Atomic Regulators who are able to offer the full manufacture’s warranty? Thanks and happy diving.
This is problematic. Atomic doesn't allow their product to be sold "online". They want you to use your local shop. So, you won't get much help doing a Google search.

That said, call www.scubatoys.com and talk to them directly. That's where I bought mine! :D (There is no dealer in my town)

And welcome to the board!

The dive shop doing my certification is an Atomic dealer. But he seems to be very firm on his prices. He didn't give me any kind of deal when I bought my mask, fins, snorkle (2 of these), boots, glove, wet suit and dive bag in addition to what I paid for the class and materials. I didn't mind paying a premium because I figured that local dive shops probably make the bulk of their money on these items. The owner was extremely helpful and I am definitely looking forward to the class. But I would definitely be looking to get a much better deal on a BC, Regulator, and Computer. I spoke with Larry at ScubaToys yesterday and he is putting a package together for me but I didn't realize that he also sold Atomic equipment since I didn't see it on the site. But it sounds like I'll have to make that purchase at my LDS if I decide to go with an Atomic Regulator right?

I thought I read recently that Scubatoys no longer sells Atomic over the Internet or phone. I could be wrong.

Good luck!
Michael

My folks bought Atomic from Scubatoys less than a year ago. I don't know if they have changed their policy, but you used to be able to buy a package with atomic from ScubaToys.

Like I said, I could be completly off base. Matter of fact - I'm curious. I want to pick up one of the new masks when they come out. I even PM'd Larry about it, but have yet to get a response. Which I don't take as a good sign. Larry has always gotten back to me within 24 hours in the past - now it has been over a week and NO WORD. But no biggie - I'll pick one up from my LDS when they get them in. I was just hoping Larry might get them in sooner....

But yes, a year ago it was not an issue. But it was a few months ago that I heard about the change. But I will say it again - I'm not sure what the policy is TODAY. Larry won't answer my PM :) hehehehe

Michael

I called ScubaToys about a month ago about an Atomic SS1 and was told by the sale rep that they were not permitted to ship Atomic products. My guess is Atomic got word of it and slapped their wrists.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom