Online Coral Reef Treasure Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautifuloceans.com

Registered
Reaction score
This is to invite Scuba Board members to the launch of the first Online Coral Reef Treasure Hunt.

Online Coral Reef Treasure Hunts are based on 3D Coral Reef Maps containing dive site information such as points of special interest and species lists.

Contests are based on knowledge and make divers explore online information about critters and GPS-mapped coral reefs to solve riddles that are posted on a regular basis on Twitter, Facebook and the treasure hunt website.

The first Online Coral Reef Treasure Hunt covers reefs on Providenciales Island (Turks & Caicos) and San Salvador (Bahamas) and will last 26 days - from June 8 to July 3, 2009

For more information and to participate, please click here.

(I am not sure it people would like to post me here updates for riddles here as well - please let me know and I will do).

Riddle for June 8 and 9: On the North Pole Cave (S) dive site located on San Salvador in the Bahamas there is an elongated creature capable of changing colour at will in order to blend into a new background. What is the name of this peculiar behaviour? Take the 3rd letter of the first name of this behaviour and insert it into box # 11. (hint: visit the corresponding reef map, find the creature, detect the correct behavior and count the letters...:)

Best, Stephan
President & Founder
Beautiful Oceans

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom