One Week - Where to Go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Locke

New
Reaction score
I have a week off between Christmas and New Years and I was wondering where would be my best destination? I just got my Open Water Certification a couple months ago at the Great Barrier Reef in Cairns, Australia. I've logged about 6 dives... all in the ocean.

Whats a good place to go (location)? I'm looking for some place on the east coast. I'm from VA, but am willing to travel to Florida is the need arises.

Thanks!

Your best bet is Fla if you don't want to fly somewhere. My choice would be the Keys. NC/VA diving is not the easiest diving around even during the best of times. The wrecks are deep, a long way off shore and the seas can be wicked. You really sould get some more experience before heading off our coast or at least pick the better months... late summer to early fall....and then you have to avoid hurricanes.. Most of the NC ops shut down during the winter months so finding a ride out may be difficult if not impossible except maybe on the weekends. If it were me, I would def head off to a little warmer climate.

Back
Top Bottom