One Piece of Webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a thought...rather than cutting and all that jaz - why not use the stuff that we pretty much all have. Though is to add another keeper and D-ring to the harness and then you can use a double ended snap to pull the lower D-ring up to the regular D-ring. (If you don't want to use the upper D-ring than add 2 on there and just use them as your quick release.

They would be easily adjustable, if you blow a snap you probably have a spare in your SAD kit (or your buddy will) and worst case is you could just adjust your webbing and still continue to dive because it is still a single piece of webbing.

This is what I was thinking about trying on my left shoulder harness just to make it easier to doff in my dry suit. Seems getting my BP/W on is easy but getting it off after the dive is more of a challenge and it would be nice to just unclip and have a little extra room to get that exhaust valve through.

Total in parts I would be about $20 and no sewing and no need for water side repair in case of failure.

The biggest problem I ever saw with the quick releases was they were always where I wanted the D ring to go. They also add clutter and needless bulk to the clean no mess, no fuss Hogarthian set up, hence really making it a non-Hogarthian rig.

Not that I wouldn't catch a problem with the rig before it failed, replacement can be had at any Walmart from a tow strap.

Dale

I didnt read the whole thread sorry if this is a repeat.
Back to the OPs bungeed wrist mounts, I just home made one for my compass and one for my computer. Each uses a single cord threaded to create two loops, with a big knot tied inside the console at the half way point so if one is cut, the other won't come out.
Also the harness won't unravel if cut, like the bungee cord could if not properly secured.

By the way, moving the compass to my wrist was extremely beneficial to my navigation skills. Would never put it on a console.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom