One night on Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Flying Cayman from LC on a Saturday and flying home from Cayman on Sunday...I don't mind spending $400 for one night at the Westin, but if there is a good alternative on 7MB, I'm all ears.

August 26th -2nd on LC the 2nd on Cayman.

TIA,

Are you looking for someplace nice but a bit more economical just for one night? Take a look at the Comfort Suites at the link below. It is on 7MB next to the Marriott, but you have to walk a short path to get to the beach, but it's on the same side of the street and not far. You can see it in the video at the link below.

Their section of the beach is small, but just fine for a short stay, and a daily hot breakfast is included with your reservation. It's a short cab ride from the airport. We stayed there for a couple of nights before getting on the Cayman Aggressor.

Comfort Suites is in easy walking distance from some places to eat and drink. Coconut Joe's is across the street and it is also near to Craft, a microbrewery place if you want something a little more upscale and air-conditioned.

There's also the new Margaritaville Resort, it is located in West Bay where the old Treasure Island Resort used to be, but I don't think that it has beach access (not sure). I have never stayed there but they may be giving a special rate because they've just recently opened. It might be worth checking. When you ask the cab driver to take you there, don't get confused with the Margaritaville restaurant in George Town.

Sunshine Suites is owned by the Westin and it is across the street (across West Bay Road - a busy street) from the hotel. It's next to the Ritz Carlton's west building. Sunshine Suites charges a daily resort fee but that gives you access to the beach and all the amenities of the Westin. The onsite Sunshine Grill is a popular, casual place to eat.

We are heading back to GC and LC in Oct/Nov so please post a report about your trip. I hope that you have a great time!

Grand Cayman Comfort Suites & Resort

Last edited:
Comfort Suites: Excellent! We actually stayed here on our first visit to Cayman....My wife was pleased with it therefore i'm going to be pleased with it! $118/ for the night. Were booked.

Thank you KathyV

Back
Top Bottom