One missing, eight rescued after boat sinks - Koh Noo, Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So do divers get insurance payout for their expensive scuba gear and personal items? How do you prove the value of goods lost on board?
Get a habit of taking pictures of your belongings (dive gears) before going on a trip and safe it at home for proof.

Get a habit of taking pictures of your belongings (dive gears) before going on a trip and safe it at home for proof.
LOL.
How do you prove those items in the picture really belong to you?
Keep the receipts of all the purchase. Lesson for you.

LOL.
How do you prove those items in the picture really belong to you?
Keep the receipts of all the purchase. Lesson for you.
I have my name or initials written on my gears (BCD & fins). My PLB1 is even registered to NOOA.

Yes, receipts is important. Nowadays, most of the receipts are paperless. I have in my emails under scuba gear folder or I just get to my Amazon account, they are traceable.

So, what else is funny to you and what other lesson you want to teach me?

995053C2-6849-47BD-8698-E8AA8A8A81D0.jpeg

33FF1DFC-5CFF-4C08-8DBD-F5EC2E8CD6CB.jpeg
FDA4DDAB-CEBE-4F81-8506-C227C10E651D.jpeg

The article did not say whether PFD were worn. Eight survivors were recovered alive. The missing person may have been below deck, entangled in debris or simply separated from the others. I hope he is found alive.

There is limited indication as to the cause, other than waves hitting the boat, no indication of it being at anchor or underway. The dive boat that went down in Florida a couple of months ago did a stern tie in that caused her to sink.

I have my name or initials written on my gears (BCD & fins). My PLB1 is even registered to NOOA.

View attachment 700982
No meaning whatsoever to the Insurance company investigating the claim.
The official receipt is the only proof to the value of the item.
You have a lot to learn in life including diving in Indonesia.

How bad do conditions have to be for a speedboat to 'flip over'? I've owned a handful of boats, dove off many, etc...I just am trying to imagine a situation where I'd think, 'we might flip over!?'.

No meaning whatsoever to the Insurance company investigating the claim.
The official receipt is the only proof to the value of the item.
You have a lot to learn in life including diving in Indonesia.
Speaking from your experience?

Pictures worths a thousand words, they say. They are not only evidence that you own the items, but also a good reminder or list of items that you have lost and which you would need to retrieve the receipts of. As I mentioned in up thread, receipts are traceable nowadays electronically via e-mail or the store where you bought them from, like Amazon.com where I bought most of my stuff from.

Allstate insurance reminds me to take a picture and update once a year of what I have in the house in case of fire or hurricane or theft. Why not scuba gears before traveling for travel insurance claim or a situation like this?

What do you know about diving in Indonesia? Lu tau apa tentang menyelam di Indonesia? Boasting is easy, but it worths nothing without proof to back up your knowledge. Show me the proof! Post your trip reports here. Sok tau!

Indonesian proverb for you:
Tong kosong berbunyi nyaring

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom