On your first cenote tour, please......!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like Dennis has stated sometimes within the first two minutes of a dive and maybe even sometimes being a guide/instructor/divemaster and experience allows you to look within the diver very basic skills like setting up equipment, the questions asked to us, stress related issues, sometimes even before descending you can tell who needs a bouyancy clinic and who should enjoy ocean dives instead of caverns we are bluntly honest not critics, and people sometimes are dissapointed about it but when they really want to do it we offer advance courses, or cavern courses, we do have videos we show people about penetration of overhead environment and the difference with overhead environment wreck dives, I totally agree with Dennis whose operation is one of the best in the Riviera.

CAVEWOMAN THANKS FOR THIS THREAD IT CAN REALLY HELP DIVERS AND US OPERATORS. YOU SHOULD BE A CAVERN GUIDE YOURSELF....

Cavewoman just got home from a FABULOUS day's diving. Today I tagged along a cenote tour, two divers, both AOWD. The first, the sweetest little Italian grandmother you have ever met, is cenote crazy, and comes here once a year to dive. The second was a German fellow, haven't dove with him before, but apparently experienced (isn't everyone?), with a few cenote tours under his belt.

THEY WERE PERFECT. We were at an infrequently used site, very silty bottom, some close quarters, and some of the areas are approaching the limits of cavern for visible light. It's not an easy dive. These two divers looked like clones arranged after the guide - wicked trim, perfect buoyancy, didn't even think about moving from their positions, they were just a joy to dive behind. The cavern is still quite pristine, and beautifully decorated. On surfacing after the first dive, Celestina ripped off her mask and just started babbling and gesturing madly about how beautiful the cavern was, and she has seen pretty much all of them around here. Of course, my grasp of Italian is more than a little bit sketchy...

Anyhow, this is a perfect day of cenote tours... attentive, talented divers that are just so appreciative of this natural beauty they are lucky enough to be a part of. Now I need to get back there and find the cave lines!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom