On vacation in Park City, UT; how's the diving been this week on Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
Aloha Ohana,

I finally got a chance to get in some spring skiing and snowboarding this year. It's been really nice up here in Park City. We still have some sweet snow conditions and the air temps have been in the 60's and 70's. It's been an easy transition from the weather on Maui but I'm already missing my SCUBABUS!!

I get back to Maui on Thursday (4/12) and have been wondering how the water has been holding up on the south shore. I've heard from friends that the seas have been a bit rough and that there's a High Surf Advisory in effect until 4/9. Anyone care to post some feedback on the water conditions? I plan on hitting it hard once I get back to "work" this weekend.

Mahalo everyone!

I heard 200 foot vis and whale sharks on every dive....

you heard wrong WC - it was 200ft vis and whales every dive ... we only see whale sharks every other dive over here :D they are kinda rare ya' know :p

Hey Doug - Water for shore diving was kinda messed up on the north end last week, though 400 yards off shore we had 80ft vis on Thursday.

Enjoy your skiing

Aloha, Tim

It figures....as soon as I take off, the whales, whale sharks and clear water shows up. I bet that all started right around noon on Wednesday last week! Is the water about 84 degrees and glassy? Extra high bikini count too?? You're killing me!!!

Hey Wildcard, have you had a chance to dive Culebrita yet?? I made a few plunges there in the late 80's and saw some really cool stuff. We came over from St. Thomas and went bugging there at night once too. Nice spot!

Mahalo Tim!

I don't think you're missing much on the South side, Doug.

I'm on the mainland right now, but after talking with my friends at MDDC on Saturday, they ended up taking a couple of the "safety divers" from the egg hunt and making them "safety body surfers" to help the people out of the water. Apparently it was 6' surf at Keawakapu.

However, up until Friday at noon, the conditions were pretty good... though I missed those whales and whale sharks... maybe I should be diving with Tim more often! :D

Shaka Doug:
It figures....as soon as I take off, the whales, whale sharks and clear water shows up. I bet that all started right around noon on Wednesday last week! Is the water about 84 degrees and glassy? Extra high bikini count too?? You're killing me!!!

Hey Wildcard, have you had a chance to dive Culebrita yet?? I made a few plunges there in the late 80's and saw some really cool stuff. We came over from St. Thomas and went bugging there at night once too. Nice spot!

Mahalo Tim!
With the price of fuel they dont like to run the boat that far but i think I will anyway this weekend. Had a dolphin come over any play with us for about 5 minutes on saturday. I got great tips that day! LOL It was way cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom