On the surface, where do you like your mask?

Where you like your mask at the surface

• On the forehead

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Behind my head or backward

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • On my face - I leave it alone

Votes: 92 49.7%
  • Around my neck

Votes: 39 21.1%
  • In my hand or around my wrist

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Hanging on a bungee

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Honestly, where do you like to put it, especially if you need to talk to your buddy.

In place or around my neck for the most part! But don't quote me on that! :wink:

Sorry...:D

I leave it where it is. it is just more work/uncomfortable/worrisome anywhere else.

i dunna i useually drop it roud my neck wen i remember it but i always for get about it i rememberonce had it round my neck and just swam off on the surface happily wondering why i was getting drag round my neck lol

After being military-style drilled into not putting it on my forehead, it pretty much stays on until I get on the boat.

I may wear it backwards if for some reason I need it off. But I'm a "Safe-side" diver. I always have my snorkel or reg in my mouth, and my mask on if I'm in the water, no matter what. Call me crazy or paranoid or whatever you wish, but at the very least, it makes me feel a bit more relaxed in the water, which is always a good thing.

I have a perscription mask and can't see **&^^% if I takr it off

I'm not sure what having to talk to your buddy has to do with where your mask is but I wear mine until I get on the boat, one of the main reasons being that it's a prescription mask.

Sorry...:D

I leave it where it is. it is just more work/uncomfortable/worrisome anywhere else.

Where I would do the neck thing is in a place like Cozumel at the end of the dive there has been times when we have waited for the boat! There being at the surface can be dangerous! So I will inflate my Back inflated BCD and take it off and ride it like a pony! It gets you above the water chest high and then I will make myself comfortable with my mask around my neck, since I don't use a snorkel! The boat and other Boats can see you and you them! You give your gear to the deck crew and climb aboard! Most of the time it is in place, but as stated there are always exceptions! But don't quote me on that and don't try stunts at home unless your a professional!:wink:

See picture to the left:wink:

I always leave it on my face, though if for some reason I have to take it off, I'd leave it around my neck. On the boat though, I always have it on my forehead as it is more comfortable and I don't have to worry about it being washed off my head then.

If you are in the water it belongs on your face. Can't really see why you would take it off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom