On one of those weird-O stand-by to stand-by modes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
These things never go anywhere but we have to be ready anyway.

A couple of days ago a man got into a 12’ aluminum boat and headed across the southern end of the lake.

Later that day another man went down to the dock and wanted to know where his boat was. The Dock Master said another man left with it earlier that said he had the owner’s permission. The problem is the owner was the guy standing on the dock with out a boat.

Not long after the first guy left in the boat the lake kicked up way to rough for a 12’ aluminum boat. A few hours later the boat was found adrift unoccupied.

If he did go in the drink the search area would only be around 9 to 12 square miles of water. 9,837 divers should be able to cover the area in around 6 months.

We get way to many of these. That’s why some poor old sport divers bump into a body every now and then.

So we are on stand-by to stand-by in case something gives us enough info to stand-by for. Until then we are standing-by to stand-by until we get the word to stand-by.

I'd be standing by drinking a beer if I didn't have to work tonight. So right now the beer is standing-by.

Standing-by hehehe Gary D.

Gary, People do stupid things. When I was much younger, I went across Boca Grande pass in a 12 ft aluminum (aluminium for you brits) boat. A storm kicked up and the seas were bigger than the boat. Stupid, stupid, stupid. That's what I told myself all the way back to land. That day my luck held out and I gained some experience. Hopefully you gain enough experience before your luck gives out and you live long enough to have children.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom