OMS valve rebuild kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just tore down and cleaned my old OMS manifold and assembled a set of double steel 72's. When I got to the dive shop, my instructor and I went to install new valve kits, and found that both our Thermo, and Sherwood kits won't work in these valve. I was under the impression that the Sherwood kits worked in OMS valves.

I seem to have a hard time finding OMS kits around here, and have had 2 OMS dealers tell me to use Sherwood kits. Does anyone know if there is a specific Sherwood part number for the one to use in an OMS, or do I need to find the genuine OMS kits?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim,
Not sure about Sherwood, but I have used Thermo kits to rebuild some OMS valves.
The seats, stems and stem nut's were the same size.
Jim breslin

I wonder if different OMS valves are made in different factories then, because we tried a thermo, and no luck.

Well we just tried an OMS rebuild and it didn't fit either. We're speculating that this manifold is an older version made by a different company than who make the current ones. So then on a fluke we pulled apart a Blue Steel valve off a new Faber tank, and found that their internals fit perfectly. So if anyone else comes across this issue with their OMS, get your hands on the Blue Steel kits and you should be fine.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom