OMS Tesseract 60 vs Apeks WTX D60R

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nicklebon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Without getting into the debate please accept that I am in need of dual bladder wing. I prefer the hose arrangement of the OMS and Apeks varieties of these and am not aware of any other wings that offer same face hoses.

The wings seem very comparable to each other though the Apeks is considerably more expensive. I have no issue paying more for a better product provided it is in fact, a better product. The biggest issue is there is very little in way of reviews with dual bladders wings to begin with much less these two.

Does anyone have experience with both wings that could explain why one would pay 500-600 USD more for the Apeks based on reliability/function?

inflator connection location is annoying on the tesseract and the inflation hose length choice is baffling, it is closer to their old bondage wings than the newer mono/performance wings . the apeks is a bit more square so it doesn't flare out as much on the sides. oms would tell you to just use their retraction bands (lol). you still would save a bit of money even after modifying the oms (maybe 500 all in vs 700 for the apeks) and it will still dive passably. the apeks is aiming to compete head to head with the oxycheq signature 55 dual bladder which is, surprise, also priced at 700. too bad you can't get the oms performance 60 wing in a dual bladder config.

oms would tell you to just use their retraction bands (lol). you still would save a bit of money even after modifying the oms (maybe 500 all in vs 700 for the apeks) and it will still dive passably.

There's the rub I can get the OMS wing with the retraction bands for 300 vs 750 for the Apeks. Pray tell, what do find annoying about the inflator location?

routing from the sides has it sag and the hoses still run long. crossing them in back of the head actually makes decent sense, but then you have to remember to reverse which lower dump you use.

Thanks for the input. Absent any serious quality issues I ordered the OMS and will see how it goes. I would have preferred the Apeks but at a little over $400 difference it is too much to justify. I had a lead on a preowned but unused Apeks on here but Fedex screwed that up. :(

LMAO .... Fedex must be monitoring this board. They read that I ordered a new wing and seem to have magically found the lost Apeks 39min after I posted that I had bought a new one.

Back
Top Bottom