OMS Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g1138

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Four things please:
Can anyone tell me the full length of their OMS spring strap, the length of the spring itself, what size it is, and how thick the rubber padding is between the spring and the heel? (ie the material sitting between your heel and the spring)
I really just want the four measurements, I've already been suggested multiple times what size I should get but I'd like to have some numbers so I can do my own calculations

Edit:
Some how SB didn't post the whole message.
Post to post I measured 11in, but the smalled spring size I've seen is 11 3/4in.
I want to know if a S or M OMS spring strap will provide enough padding to keep my foot more snug in my Jet fin.
This is why I want numbers. So I can make an informed decision myself.
Leisurepro told me M are 9.5" total length.
Another post said that was just the length of the spring itself.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/330999-oms-spring-heel-fin-strap-help-needed-selection.html

Thanks

Last edited:
Bump please, still looking for answers.

Mhmm, I've seen all the pics and descriptions on leisure pro, oms, and various other sites. None of them have exact dimensions. And I have 2 conflicting examples on how long the strap may be.
I'm hoping someone out there with a pair can take a measurement for me. Even just a measurement of the pin-pin length of their strap would be great.

That is weird. I have a pair of OMS Spring Straps that are supposed to be Large. They measure 11.5 inches between where the wires attach to the fins on each side. I had these on a pair of XL generic fins that look like Jet Fins. The straps were too small, and I am trying to figure out what size I should try next.

Back
Top Bottom