OMS SPG Assembly Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I just got an OMS SPG and am in the process of putting it together. However, I am having some trouble with an "extra" piece because it lacks an instruction manual. Since this is my first standalone, non-console SPG (and first OMS), I am a little stumped.

There is a little metal piece with two o-rings on the ends that looks like it should go into the threaded end of the SPG and then screw into the hose (if not, I don't know where it would go). Here is a crude representation of the piece (which is really small and kinda looks like a gyroscope or top).

Code:
       []  - metal rod runs length of piece
      [[]] - o-ring/bushing
       []
   [][][][][] - metal flange
       []
      [[]] - o-ring/bushing
       []

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

--Eric

Eric,

Why are you putting it together? That sounds like the Air Spool. It goes on the SPG and then screw into the HP Hose. Did you take it apart to take the console off?

Eric

I thought that is where it must go...there is nowhere else. Just wanted to make sure.

I actually just ordered it standalone, but there were no instructions about what to do with that little piece...contents of box were:

1 rubber boot
1 OMS brass SPG
1 32" HP hose
1 weird ass little doohickey that I just asked about
0 instruction manuals

Thanks a ton!

--Eric

You gotta love OMS.... That should of been all together when you got it. Great Customer Service.

Eric

I really wanted the Uwatec, but availability and price were definite considerations...

It is still a good brass gauge. OMS,DR,Sherwood- All made by same OEM. Uwatec is way $$$. FYI - No need for the boot.

Eric

FYI - No need for the boot.

I read the DIR-F book...

I am going to use a medium bolt snap and some #24 cave line to attach the bolt snap and then clip it off on my left hip D-ring on my Halcyon harness....happy?

:D

Actually I wasn't kidding...that's what I am going to do...

I just received my OMS SPG from LeisurePro in the same condition. Here is a follow up question: One end of the Air Spool "tube" is flat, while the other is convex. Am I correct in assuming that the flat end goes into the SPG and the convex end into the hose ? Or does it matter ? Grateful for any clarification.
Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom