OMS Slipstreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am about to purchase a pair of OMS Slipstreams and need some sizing input. Unfortunately, no dive shop near me carries these, so I cannot try them on. I called a shop in Florida and was told that I would probably need a Large but, of course, Slipstreams only come in XL and XXL. I wear a size 10D shoe and a 9 1/2 size (3mm) boot. Thanks in advance.

My XLs should arrive tomorrow...plan to dive them on Sunday. I'll let you know.

I wear a size 9.5 shoe, and the XL Jetfins fit me perfectly. The XL SlipStream is nearly identical. You would be fine with the XL.

I wear a size 9.5 shoe, and the XL Jetfins fit me perfectly. The XL SlipStream is nearly identical. You would be fine with the XL.

Thanks CompuDude. You may recall my prior post on the Scubatoys forum re sizing issue with Jet Fins. I decided to go with the Slipstreams because my feet tend to be heavy.

My XL Slipstreams arrived yesterday from Leisure Pro. So far the dry fit feels very good on my size 10 drysuit (Northern Diver Cortex) boots. I also purchased the large spring straps, although I'm thinking that I might have been better off with XL. The large springs fit ok, but it stretches the spring a fair amount, which increases the potential for snags.

I should be diving Sunday (if the planets are all aligned in my favor) and I will let you know how they do.

My XL Slipstreams arrived yesterday from Leisure Pro. So far the dry fit feels very good on my size 10 drysuit (Northern Diver Cortex) boots. I also purchased the large spring straps, although I'm thinking that I might have been better off with XL. The large springs fit ok, but it stretches the spring a fair amount, which increases the potential for snags.

I should be diving Sunday (if the planets are all aligned in my favor) and I will let you know how they do.

Thanks. Please do let me know how they worked out for you.

Has anyone heard any more about when the L and M Slipstreams will be available? An inquiry to OMS a couple of months ago said they were still in testing.

I dive a DUI size 9 rock boot and they fit the XL perfectly, also my Oceanic/Akona 9-10 hard sole boots work well also, but they can sometimes be a little tight. Hope this helps, the size 9 hard boots from USIA will not fit comfortably in the OMS Slipstream XL's

Back
Top Bottom