OMS Slipstreams for Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone used the slips with drysuit boots? I have a pair of scubapro jets that are my primary fins for tropical diving but I can not fit into them with my drysuit boots. OMS Slipstreams look identical to Jets so I was wondering if they have a bigger foot pocket for the same size? Thanks.

the sizes are comparable. If you are in backmount, I'd stay with Jets or go with Hollis F1's. The OMS Slipstreams are neutrally buoyant and if you are in backmount and a drysuit, you will be going nose down in a hurry

OMS and Jets are slight offset in their size. OMS Large is in between Jet Large and XL. Foot pockets of OMS are slightly better but I won't choose based on that. i use OMS in tropics, wetsuit or DUI 30/30 when I need neutral fins. Jet is for cold water at home, 400g thinsulate under type of temperature. I would say OMS is probably too light for drysuit in cold water.

attached picture shows from left to right: Jet XL, OMS L, Jet L

Attachments

• 20130315_223825.jpg
    20130315_223825.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 95

Back
Top Bottom