OMS Slipstream vs Hollis F-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

checked them out at my local dive shop and found the oms slipstream to be identical to sp jetfins. the shape and design totally identical. the only difference being the materials used. haven't had the chance to see the hollis f-1 yet.

I dive with F-1s in my drysuit and find them comfortable, efficient and controllable. I really like them.

However, when I got a smaller pair do wetsuit diving, I found them to be too negatively buoyant and they impacted my trim.

I sent them back to Scuba Toys for a pair of Slipstreams, which I should receive shortly. I'll report back when I've had a chance to try them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alas, I just found out that Slipstreams in my size are backordered, until June!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never tried the Hollis fins, they're too heavy for me, but the Slipstreams make backing up so easy I feel vaguely guilty. I got a second pair in case anything ever happens to my primary pair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom