OMS Single Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks I'm going to build up a new BC for next year. This way I can do it right and take my time. Just got the first piece today. Halcyon harness and aluminum back plate. Still thinking about running two tanks next year but that is a big step for me. :D

I have had my OMS wing for over a year now and have about 80 dives with it. I haven't needed the customer service but the quality of the wing is awesome. Mine is on an Apeks harness...only because it was the same weight system as the BCD I used before. I have never used any DSS products so I can't help there.

Anyway...IMO awesome product with no opinion on customer service.

OMS - OK gear and your on your own.
DSS - High quality gear with OUTSTANDING service and support.

I own ONE piece of OMS gear, a 30# Donut wing. The stitching is excellent, the bladder has a 360 zipper that is very heavy nylon, the nylon cover is heavy duty, and overall it's as good as a bladder as any I have seen with maybe the exception of some of the Oxycheq extreme wings.

I have about 60 dives on the wing, and it looks like it did when it was new with very little maintenance on my behalf. I would recommend their wings to anyone. If I had to buy again, it would likely be Oxycheq, but I'd have to look at the current manufacturing offerings.

Last edited:
I am using the 32# OMS wing with a SS BP and STA with the single weave harness. I also use the OMS aluminum BP with the "deluxe" harness (it has a quick release on the left shoulder, I guess that makes it a "deluxe"). I only have a little over fifty dives on the wing and aluminum back plate, fewer using the stainless steel as I use it with the dry suit. Niether bps or the wing have been a problem. If it were, or there was a mechanical problem, I feel positive that the dive shop that highly recommended and sold the gear would back it up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom