OMS hot dipped galvinized cylinders...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....anyone seen the new OMS hot-dipped galavanized tanks anywhere? I have yet to see them offered for sale anywhere...anyone have any 'real' info on the ETA, pricing, etc?

Karl

DO a search on a topic before you post a new thread. This has been covered to death...

Search for "OMS Galvanized cylinders" produced no less than FIVE other posts on this...

Enjoy the reading, or for the condensed version, they are not anywhere near coming to the market, and may not EVER!!!!!

....um, 'thanks' LUBOLD8431...I'm well aware this isn't the 1st thread on the subject...and had read the other threads as they appeared...just thought I could get a quick answer this way, since it was a simple question....and not a debate starter.

........ speaking of the sin of beating a dead horse, I assume you're tired of 90% of the other threads on this board? ie, the endless 'what's your favorite reg' polls......or 'why I hate my LDS' debates? ...or 'what type of tank should I buy?' questions ....etc.?

...there are few orginal threads anymore, so I guess you've got your work cut out, as in the interest of fairness I expect you'll post a similiar response to all the other 'redundant' threads out there?

........would be curious as to why it will be a long time, if ever, before they appear for sale.

Karl

scubafanatic once bubbled...
...would be curious as to why it will be a long time, if ever, before they appear for sale.

Karl

OMS has given numerous reasons why. IT seems that they either can't get the galvanization good enough to their liking, or some say its due to legal reasons trying not to copy the competition too much (PST).

I for one dont think they will ever materialize. ANother thing I have realized is that Pressed Steel makes a better product anyways. Even if OMS gets this galvy thing down. If anyone is looking for new cylinders, I can't recommend Pressed Steel enough. They are simply marvelous...

As far as original threads on SB, yes there are some. I do try to stay out of the threads that have been covered a million times. I too am sick of the dir/anti DIR bashing, and LDS vs. online threads...

And to you Mr. Dan813, if you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, stay the hell out of it...

LUBOLD8431
You are the one with the attitude problem, maybe you should stay out. All Karl did was ask a question. If you are going to be negative, maybe you should have just not replied and saved us all the time in dealing with your BS answer.

Actually, it wasnt a BS answer, I did answer his question in depth...

I will remember to never answer any of your posts, because they most likely will be useless drivel...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom